2017 artist application
2017 entries will be accepted through Zapplication.org from January 1 through March 31. If you prefer to enter via snail mail, click here to download a pdf version of the application. All artist participants must be juried, no exceptions.
The 40th Annual Lakewood Arts Festival takes places on Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM in downtown Lakewood, Ohio.
Images: 4 (three images of artwork and one image of booth layout)
Jury Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
Booth Fee: $125.00
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Artist Notifications Sent Out: April 14, 2017
Accept Invitation Deadline: May 15, 2017
Purchase Deadline: May 22, 2017
Show Date: August 5, 2017, 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Complete your application online and pay the $25 jury fee. You can also download a printable pdf application by clicking here and mail a check to:
Lakewood Arts Festival
PO Box 771288
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
- Drawing, Illustration, Printmaking
- Mixed Media
- Additional Media (please specify what type of media)
$1100 in prize money will be awarded according to the decision of the judges. Prizes will be awarded without regard to artistic category. The decision of the judges is final. Each artist must maintain his/her booth during the festival hours to be eligible for prizes.
The Lakewood Arts Festival Board gives out artist awards in the following categories:
- Best of Show ($350)
- Second Place ($250)
- Third Place ($200)
- Best Creative Presentation ($150)
- Best New Artist ($150)
Our show is juried, with approximately 50% of the entries submitted selected for participation in one of our booths. Cost for the booth is only $125, making it affordable for artists of all mediums. Free parking is available in the nearby garage, and “booth sitters” are made available for artists to take a break during the day.
Booth fees are due on acceptance to the Festival. Booths not paid in full by the deadline of May 22, 2017 will be considered available and offered to an artist on the waiting list.
Because of the limited number of booth spaces available, the jury will select artists as alternates, depending on the category of media and the jurying
- One free parking pass for garage located within festival area
- Curbside unloading and loading
- Booth sitters are available to provide breaks for artists
- Complimentary bottled water for artists
- The $25.00 jury fee is nonrefundable. No exceptions.
- No more than one (1) booth space per artist.
- Each artist must be present and oversee his/her work for the entire festival.
- Use of space is restricted to the artist whose name appears on the entry application. Subletting, selling or giving of space to anyone will not be allowed.
- Specific booth location requests cannot be guaranteed.
- All work must be original, priced, and signed by the artist. Please no kits, molded ceramics, or candles. All items must be original and/or handcrafted.
- All paintings, drawings and graphics must be framed, matted or displayed tastefully in a portfolio on an appropriate stand.
- Exhibitors are required to stay for the entire event and may not breakdown their booths until after the event is over at 6:00 PM.
- We reserve the right to remove objectionable art from the exhibit.
- Exhibitor is responsible for his/her own display area which must fit within the 10’ x 10’ space and be strong enough to withstand wind and rain.
- Exhibitor will take care of his/her own sales receipts and tax.
- No commission fee is charged.
- All exhibitors are required to carry their own liability insurance as the Lakewood Arts Festival, Inc. assumes no liability for damage, theft or injury on premises.
- Due to the crowds and August heat, we strongly discourage bringing any pets to the festival.
10' x 10' booth space $125.00
Exhibitors are required to bring their own booth/tent.
The exhibit area is paved. Staking of canopies will not be permitted. Your tent must be strong enough to withstand wind and rain. All storage must be out of sight or behind the booth display. Electricity is not available for your booth.
The artist must be present in the booth during the festival. No agents or employees may represent the artist and all items must be handmade by the artist.